GEA Niro offers excellent solutions to meet your specific agrochemical product requirements. Whatever the requirements, we are able to offer you a broad range of solutions.
We have vast experience in the spray drying of agrochemicals and are able to meet our clients’ requests when it comes to free-flowing characteristics, powder granulometry, low dustiness and redispersion.
GEA Niro’s broad product range includes:
- Spray Dryers
GEA Niro’s single-stage spray drying systems for production of fine to medium coarse powders. For a very uniform particle size, the spray dryer can be equipped with the GEA Niro NARROWSPAN™ atomizer wheel. GEA Niro’s NOZZLE TOWER™ is an ideal choice for superior powders with large articles.
- Fluidized Spray Dryer FSD™
GEA Niro’s original two-stage spray drying systems for production of agglomerated powders and granulates. The Fluidized Spray Dryer FSD™ can be supplied with several types of exhaust air filters depending on the requirements for the product and the emissions. If you require larger agglomerates, special features are possible with the FSD-GRANULATOR™.
- SPRAY FLUIDIZER™
GEA Niro’s SPRAY FLUIDIZER™ is superior for producing free-flowing granulates with high mechanical stability by a simultaneous drying and granulation process.
GEA Niro is able to meet the strictest requirements for efficiency, safety and environmental compliance.
Since many agrochemicals include hazardous ingredients, GEA Niro’s spray drying plants are designed to meet the strictest standards when it comes to explosion and emission control systems. GEA Niro’s vast experience within these areas is unequalled and also an invaluable aid when it comes to complying with international safety directives such as ATEX or other European safety directives and/or local regulations.
GEA Niro offers:
- Plants with highly effective filters and scrubbers to ensure exhaust of clean process air
- Semi closed plants, self-inertised, utilising low oxygen combustion gas as process air to prevent explosions and featuring incineration of exhaust air
- Closed cycle plants utilising nitrogen as process gas circuits
- Pressure shock resistant plants designed with either suppression or pressure relief to protect the equipment and personnel
Cleaning-in-place (CIP) systems, semi- or fully automatic, are available for all GEA Niro plants. Efficient cleaning allows for more uptime and eliminates product cross contamination.
Examples of drying solutions for agrochemicals:
- The Fluidized Spray Dryer FSD™ has proven to be an excellent choice for making an agrochemical with good redispersibility.
- The NOZZLE TOWER™ is used for non-dusty powders and large particles with good free-flow properties.
- The SPRAY FLUIDIZER™ is used when making large agglomerates, granulates of 1-2mm, of fertilizers.
Examples of agrochemicals dried using GEA Niro’s technology:
- Ammonium salts: nitrate, phosphate and sulphate
- Pesticides in all categories: fungicides, herbicides, insecticides
- Copper derivatives + zink and magnesium compounds like mancozeb, zineb and ziram
- Sulphur containing substances, etc.