The rotary atomizer F1.5X was designed to meet cGMP requirements and is manufactured for handling pharmaceutical products . It was primarily developed for PHARMASD™ spray dryers during 2003. This rotary atomizer is designed to handle a wide range of feed compounds that are based on acetone, methylene chloride, ethanol, and other organic solvents.
- For closed cycle and open cycle spray dryers
- Primarily for use in GEA Niro PHARMASD™ spray dryers
- Abrasive and non-abrasive liquid feeds for products in the food, chemicals and pharmaceutical industries.
Features and benefits:
- Sanitary design makes it easy to clean and inspect - complying with EN 1672-2
- Tri-Clamp connections for fast, simple dismantling
- Rotational speed controlled by frequency converter
- Indication of spindle speed and atomizer performance via VFD read out and Tachometer
- Motor surface temperature controlled against overheating
- Purge air connection for the separation of the product zone
- Provision for hot air sterilization of all product contact parts
- Incorporate cGMP requirements for the spraying of pharmaceutical products during the drying process. Entire unit can be sterilized quickly and effectively for re-use.
- Wide range of rotary atomizer wheels for non-abrasive and abrasive feeds
- High reliability, availability and durability
- Patented wear-resistant wheel design - WEARSERT™
- Proprietary feed distributor design - VOLUTE™
- High turn down range
- Bearings with FDA approved grease
- Material certificates according to EN 10204 Type 3.1
- Thermo sensor in feed pipe bracket
- Wheel speed range: 10,000-30,000 rpm
- Feed rates: 120-370 kg/h
- Direct driven frequency controlled motor 0.5 - 1.5 kW
Read the brochure about GEA Niro's F1.5X rotary atomizer.