Designed and developed in 1982, the rotary atomizer F800 was until recently the world’s largest rotary atomizer for spray drying operations. The design is based on GEA Niro’s proven and recognized technology. Within flue gas desulphurization, the development of F800 enabled GEA Niro to design spray dryer absorbers large enough to handle the flue gas from a coal fired power plant in a single absorber unit.
- For atomization of fluid feeds in spray drying and in spray dryer absorption plants
- Processing plants in the field of air pollution control and mining industry
Features and benefits:
- Epicyclic gear drive
- Wide range of atomizer wheels for abrasive and non-abrasive feeds
- High reliability, availability and durability
- Heavy duty design
- High capacity, low maintenance
- Patented wear-resistant wheel design - WEARSERT™
- Proprietary feed distributor design - VOLUTE™
- Wheel speed range: 8800 – 11500 rpm
- Feed rate: 105000 kg/h max.
- Motor power: 800 kW max.
- Designed and manufactured according to relevant EU directives and harmonized standards
- Spindle vibration alarm as protection against excessive vibration conditions
- Tachometer to register variable spindle speed adjusted by control of frequency converter
- Running hour meter
Read the brochure about GEA Niro's F800 rotary atomizer.